SAME STORY brings together personal stories from blogs, forums, and personal web pages across the Internet. The goal of the engine is to help users rapidly locate others with exactly “the same story”.
The Same Story challenge: They needed an infrastructure-level search platform upon which they could build the entire SAME STORY service. And, as a Web "pure player", they had very demanding requirements in terms of performance, quality and speed of execution:
- High Scalability: answers delivered in less than 3 seconds
- Indexation of Hybrid and Multilingual Data
- Quality and Innovation in Semantic Search
- Rapid deployment by a small team
• Deployment in record time: "We knew this was a highly complex challenge from the outset. However, with the EXALEAD CloudView solution, we were able to launch a successful first version of our service in only a few months." Virginie Barbieri, Co-founder of SAME STORY
• A New Genre of Search Engine: service that effectively and automatically aggregates, organizes and structures a wide range of UGC distributed across the Web.
• A Next-Generation Interface: Users can search via a single search text box, and refine results by a range of filters (thematic, profile, sentiment and source) as well as sorting results by contextual categories (dates, number of times a story has been accessed, votes, etc.) or using a tag cloud of keywords related to their query to refine their search.
• An Agile Architecture: The platform’s architecture is perfectly tailored to meet the stringent quality of service demands of SAME STORY, including full compliance with security constraints, high availability, and maximum scalability.
The bottom line, from Sonia Lecommandoux, Co-founder of SAME STORY:
"SAME STORY moved from 5,000 unique visitors a month in December 2009 to 150,000 in May 2010. More than 95% of this traffic is organic, driven mainly from the general search engines people have become accustomed to using as a first stop resource for answers to difficult personal matters (health, relationships, career, etc.)"